An Overview of VanDerVart Concrete Products
VanDerVart Concrete Products supplies ready-mixed concrete from three locations in the State of Wisconsin: Sheboygan Falls, Manitowoc & New Holstein.
We have the capability of recommending reliable and quality conscious contractors to handle your ready-mixed concrete project with quality and care.
We can also recommend numerous contractors to aid you in your special decorative concrete project, whether it's colored, stenciled, stained or stamped concrete, VanDerVart Concrete Products has the answer.
Our block production facility produces a wide range of standard and specialty block including; standard smooth face block, decorative split face block, colored block, water repellent block and retaining wall block.
VanDerVart Concrete Products operates from five locations to properly serve our customer's needs. We sell a wide range of masonry and concrete related products including:
Brick, concrete block, Unilock hardscape products, landscape materials, retaining wall block, fabricated and bulk rebar, steel I-beams, masonry and concrete tools, concrete curing compounds cleaners and sealers, decorative concrete coatings, bagged grout and mortar, portland cement, plaster, foundation coatings, foundation vents and windows, concrete block insulation, sand, gravel and decorative aggregates, glass block, chimney products, fireplace products and many more.
Current Fleet of Equipment to Serve Our Customers
The history of VanDerVart Concrete Products dates back to the 19th Century when our company was founded in 1888 as a supplier of ready-mixed concrete products. Our company represents reliability and stability, having supplied concrete products to our customers for 135 years.
Chronological dates of importance
|1888||-||Zimbal Brick Company was established by Oscar Zimbel with the manufacture of brick as the only product.|
|1927||-||John Van Der Vaart purchased the company from Oscar Zimbel and added a full line of complimentary masonry and fireplace products, including firewood sales.|
|1930||-||Van Der Vaart installs the first gravity fed mechanical batching system to produce ready mix concrete. Gravity fed aggregates were weighed by scale, and bagged Portland cement was physically added by hand to delivery trucks.|
|1931||-||Van Der Vaart establishes Wisconsin Concrete Pipe and Culvert on Sheboygan’s south side, which produces concrete sewer pipe and culverts.|
|1940||-||Van Der Vaart installs the first fully operational semi-automated concrete batch plant in the Sheboygan area, and services customers with 12 mixer trucks.|
|1944||-||Van Der Vaart purchases Wiegand Concrete Products of Green Bay, WI, which also manufactures concrete sewer pipe and culverts.|
|1946||-||John Van Der Vaart sells Van Der Vaart Brick & Building Supply to the Pauly Corporation of Manitowoc.|
|1948||-||Van Der Vaart builds a second location on Calumet Drive in Sheboygan, WI to produce concrete building block and ready mix concrete.|
|1949||-||George Vogel builds a ready mix plant in New Holstein, WI and does business under the name Vogel Sand & Gravel.|
|1956||-||Van Der Vaart purchases Vogel Bros. Construction and changes the name to Tri County Ready Mix and Excavating.|
|1963||-||Van Der Vaart builds a second block production plant on North 21st street in Sheboygan, WI.|
|1965||-||Charles Harvey starts C. Harvey Ready Mix operations in Manitowoc, WI.|
|1969||-||Van Der Vaart builds a new state of the art automated concrete batch plant to replace the old 1949 plant.|
|1978||-||C. Harvey establishes Sheboygan Concrete Corporation in Sheboygan Falls.|
|1979||-||Van Der Vaart purchases land east of Kiel, Wi and establishes the Manitowoc Sand and Gravel Co.|
|1984||-||Michael Harvey purchase Sheboygan Concrete Corp. from his father Charles.|
|1985||-||Sheboygan Concrete Corp. builds a new fully automated ready mix plant in Sheboygan Falls, WI.|
|1986||-||Michael Harvey purchases all Van Der Vaart ready mix and block plants and establishes Van Der Vaart Holding Company.|
|1987||-||New Van Der Vaart corporate office building on south 15th street in Sheboygan, WI.|
|1988||-||Van Der Vaart Holding Co. purchases C. Harvey Co. of Manitowoc, WI.|
|1988||-||Van Der Vaart Holding Co. purchases the F. Radandt Block Plant in Manitowoc, WI.|
|1988||-||Van Der Vaart Holding Co. sells the Calumet Drive block and ready mix plants and property for a Grocery store development.|
|2014||-||Van Der Vaart Holding Co. is sold to Richard Lohr, the company name is changed to VanDerVart Concrete Products.|
Contact one of our sales representatives at:
920-898-5771 (New Holstein).